EDUCATION IN ART AND SCIENCE
- 2016 Completed art residency program at the School of Visual Arts, New York City.
- 1989-2002 Art education at University of California-Davis, Berkeley City College, University of California- Berkeley, Art Students League, New York, Botanical Garden in New York,
Danbury Art Center, CT, University of Minnesota, and American River College, Sacramento CA.
- 1965-1975 Chinese Art and Calligraphy Education, Xianyang, China.
- 1990 PhD, Botany (Nature Resource and Environmental Studies), University of California, Davis.
- 1985 MS, Plant Genetics and Breeding, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- 1981 BS, Horticulture, Northwest A&F University, Shaanxi, P.R. or China
- 2001-Current: Biologist & Senior Environmental Scientist, California Natural Resource Agency.
- 2000-2002: Faculty (part-time), Dept. of Biology, California State University, Sacramento.
- 1994-1999: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biology, University of Minnesota.
- 1992: Ecology Instructor (part-time Faculty), Dept. of Biology, City College of San Francisco.
- 1990-1993: Postdoctoral Researcher, Biology Program, University of California, Berkeley.
ART EXHIBITS AND AWARDS
- 2017 Selected as guest artist at the Art Center at Yosemite National Park for art work and public art education
- 2017 Selected as featured artist at University of California, Davis Watershed Conference and Art Show
- 2016 Open studios show at the New York School of Visual Arts
- 2016 Artworks featured in SciArt Magazine: SciArt in America.
- 2015-2016 Invited for environmental art show and presentation at Science Museum in Taipei, Taiwan
- 2015 Artworks featured in Global Art-Science Environmental &Sustainability GASES Network.
- 2014 Artworks featured in California department of water resource magazine.
- 2014 Contribution to the eco-art show in American Ecology Society Annual Conference.
- 2014 Contribution to the climate art show in California Adaptation Forum.
- 2014 Crocker Art Museum Studio Art Show.
- 2012 Selected as the top 20 artists and invited for art show with more than 20 artworks in Fine Art, Food and Wine Festival, Folsom, CA.
- 2012 Selected art work “Silver Cascade and Moonlight Dream” at 48 Natoma Gallery, Folsom, CA, as a member art show from the California Water Color Association.
- 2010 Art work “Cascade #1” sold in art auction for San Juan Education Foundation.
- 2009 Selected for personal art show with eight artworks at Intel Corporation, Folsom, CA.
- 2009 Art work “Safe Harbor” (Water Color for Art Outreach) as Folsom ART Association Featured Artists.
- 2008 Art work “Gateway”, Folsom Art Association Art Show at 48 Natoma Galley, Folsom CA.
- 2008 Art work “Up Stream Salmon Swimming”, selected for Book Cover in Green Career, Higher Education Press, China.
- 2008 Art Award from Sin-Eco Association.
- 2007-2008 Water Color Paintings for Sin-Eco Newsletters.
- 2007 Art work “Enlightenment”, Honorable Mention Award from WASH Annual Open Show, Sacramento Fine Art Center, CA.
- 2006 Art work “Coastal Stop”, Merit Award, WASH Annual Open Show, Sacramento Fine Art Center, CA.
- 2006 Art work “May Spirits”, 9th Annual Henry Fukuhara Watercolor Workshop Exhibition, Fine Artists Factory, Pasadena, CA.
- 1996 Art work “Spring Purple”, Art Exhibition, Duluth Art Museum, MN.
- 1991-1992 Water Color Art shows, Watercolor Art and Friends, Berkeley, CA.
- 1980 Art show with the figure drawing, Northwest A&F University, China.
- 1977 Chinese Ink Painting Workshop & Exhibition, Xian Yang, Shaanxi, China.
- 1976 Large Mural Production and Show, XianYang, Shaanxi, China.
HONORS AND AWARDS IN SCIENCE
- Inducted into Marquis Who's Who in the World for demonstrated leadership, excellence and longevity for science and art efforts in environment and biodiversity
- American Institute of Biology Science Short-Term Enrichment Program Award.
- UC, Davis University Fellows and Distinguished Scholars Non-Resident Tuition Fellowship.
- National Science Foundation-ROA Supplement Research Grant.
- National Science Foundation Educational Scholarship.
- NIH Summer Minority Student Research Award for American Indians.
- Distinguished Chinese Student Educational Scholarship
- Co-author for Proceedings of the VII International Symposium in conjunction with the awarding of the International Prize for Biology.
- Invided as an Editorial Board member to provide science reviews and recommendations on ecology, species conservation and habitat restoration for the Journal of Plant Ecology
- Invited to serve as a panelist and reviewer for NSF workshop and grant programs
ART-SCIENCE RELATED PUBLICATIONS
- More than 20 papers and reports including art-science related work in biology, ecology and environment have been published in magazines, reports, books and peer-reviewed international
- 2014 Served as a co-director for Global Art-Science Environment & Sustainablility GASES Network
- 2014 Served as a lead art scientist to organize climate art show in California Adaptation Forum
- 2006-2014 Served as an appointed committee member for San Juan Unified School District for art and science education programs.
- 2005-2010 Served as an art docent for San Juan Unified School District art programs in California
- 2008 Served as a steering committee member for the Internation Olympic Sculpture Art Show in Sacramento, California
- 1995-1999 Served as a college professor to lead integrated biology classes with art and science